Monday, October 14, 2013

Go hard in the paint! Visa arrived!!!!!!

This past week, our zone of missionaries created and signed a "hard in the paint" week contract. For a week we follow every rule associated with the contract, recognizing that not only the individual will be blessed, but the missionary work will skyrocket as well. Some of the things are
 
- Talk to EVERYBODY (Whew, still a tuff one, meet a lot of crazy people. But a lot of really nice people, really made me realize this is the "Hastening")
- Hymns only (Aw man, no more singing 'Les Miz' in the shower?)
- Use Elder/Sister
-No lingering
-Forget yourself (who me?)
-100% obedience
     ......and I will not be scared
 
I didn't know when I signed this contract, it would actually include real paint. Things started happening once we committed to it last Tuesday. Everyday since Tuesday (Besides Sunday) people have called us to do service. Yard work, painting, etc.. The crazy thing is, the people calling us usually were either less-active or not a member, and it's lead into teaching opportunities.
One day we had service for an older lady in the ward, who lives with 3 other single women (not members). They had all moved into a house together after getting a divorce and had a lot of yard work to be done.
The next day we had service (painting) for the guys we (practice) teach after. I realized there was actually 4 single men in that house, not too far from the ages of the single women we did service for the previous day. The Plan of Happiness!  We baptize them all and they meet at church, Eternal families and everyone's happy. (matchmaker matchmaker find me a match....)
It's been a cool week and we have seen miracles. I love how prepared people are at this time. Recently we had a lesson with an investigator named Kristen, who's 17 and began to listen to us and go to church because she had a best friend who wasn't afraid to invite her and open her mouth about the gospel. We showed up for our second lesson and asked "did you read?" She responded quickly "heck yeah! everyday." She watched general conference, and had her dad watch a session with her. When we started to teach the plan of salvation, she already knew a lot of it, because her best friend explained it to her one night when they were hanging out.
After seeing miracles start to happen, it only takes a couple of phone calls from a member who says "hey, I have a friend who wants to be baptized, can you come over?"
Our ward mission leader has a vision of us teaching 20 lessons a week, and we made a plan of how to achieve that. I've realized we must just do our part, do everything we possibly can, than trust in the Lord to do the Heavy lifting. I'm crossing out the word 'week' in the contract, and replacing it with 'mission'.'
 
To answer your questions. I eat good. .......uh... I just got a call right now as I was about to send this email. It was our mission president. I think I may have just got a Visa.....really high mixed emotions.....let you know for sure soon, I need to make some calls to know for sure.
 
10 minutes later we received this email from Elder Pollard
Leaving Oct 28th at 2:45pm to Dallas then to Sau Paulo Brazil to Salvador, arrive at 1:48pm, Oct 29th. Whew, long flight. :D Ahhhhh! Feel like running around singing "miracle of miracle" all over again. But I'm in my missionary clothes and don't want to scare people......save it for later.Got to go! Email ya next week. Tell Rayna and Lilly I loved their emails. Love ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment