Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sept 16

Things are the same here. We do service almost everyday this past week. Teach a couple lessons, study a lot. The joy I feel is indescribable. I love every day so much, but it's not anything really new.   The days are long, but they go by so fast and blur with each other. When people I meet here, learn I'm a Visa waiter, or they ask when I'll be leaving to Brazil. I have adapted an attitude like that of Ammon. "Yea, I desire to dwell among this people for a time, yea, and perhaps until the day I die." (Alma 17:23) We have built great relationships and trusts in our ward. I could name almost every member, and where they work, and part of their conversation story. Soon, I'll have every dogs name down. It is through our members we try to do the Lords work. I love so deeply the people here, and I pray for them so often. We have families progressing and improving that it brings me so much joy.  But despite my attitude of "I'm staying here and serving you till I die, so get use to it!" I too feel that I will be leaving to Brazil soon. Dad's words play in my head all the time, "you'll leave once you feel you are needed most." And that day is coming. With my senior Companion Elder Findlay going home in a week. I next know every member, the needs every person in this area. I connect and understand differently to people, and I feel needed already. I'm confident that I'll have to have faith, it's the Lords work and not mine, so He knows the best ways to bring about His purposes.
 
Elder Anderson (of the 12) came to our mission last Tuesday. I shook his hand, and said "como vai?" He responded with a chuckle and a "muito bem." He lived in Brazil for quite some time of his life. He spoke to us for over 2 hours, had a lot to say I guess. I'd like to share something  I enjoyed that  he said "every time you open your mouth, you exercise faith. When you exercise faith, you increase it...... if you want to baptize a few people, open your mouth to a few people. If you want to baptize a lot of people, open you mouth to a lot of people. If you want to baptize everyone you can, open your mouth to everyone you can."
 
Whenever I feel hesitant or fear of being awkward by just approaching someone, I think of this quote. "When we act in faith in Jesus to do His work, He goes with us, to serve others and blesses us to say just what they need to hear. What we actually say and actually do may feel a little awkward or not very polished....But the Savior takes our words and our actions and He carries them through His spirit into the hearts of the people. He takes our sincere but imperfect effort and turns it into something that is just right, indeed into something that is perfect."
I testify, that is true. I know the Savior is in our midst. I have felt so often the love He has for me, and for those around me. I know that our Heavenly Father hears our every prayer, and desires for us to pray continually throughout the day in all that we do.
 
I love you Mom! Thank you for everything. I love my family so much, and look so forward to the day to squeezing my parents and sisters in hugs of gratitude when I come home.
 
Ate e logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment