Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sorry Sept 3rd

so sorry for delay in posting.. We have been busy working the fair and then recovering so we are a bit behind. Here you go
Sept 3rd

I got the pictures of working at the fair, I actually really miss being there with my family. Kind of weird not being there. I love our family so much. Lilly, Sienna and Rayna, look older. Kendyl pretends she is. (Just kidding :D) You look like you haven't aged in years.......wish I could say the same for Daddio......jk.   Things are great.. Don't know how I've gained weight, but I feel good. Shirts and pants haven't torn off, so I'm good. Really, I don't need more shirts or pants, I'm good on everything.
Been a great week. A few days ago we got a call from the sisters in our district, and we met them at the church. Sister Belliston said she wanted a Priesthood blessing. When we asked why she said "they want me to go home." She needs to have surgery, and needs a few weeks to recover. She had been trying to put it off, and even tried to have the surgery here, but they insist if she has it she needs to go home. She asked for a blessing of guidance and comfort on what to do. I was surprised when I was asked to give it. I didn't know her well, nor understood the situation completely. I had no idea what to say or what words I could give to help. I began praying fervently for help. When we placed our hands on her head and I opened my mouth, I was instantly filled with a very strong feeling of the Love Heavenly Father had for her. The power was so strong and poured over me so much I struggled not to cry. I didn't need to supply the words, because the things I said  could have never came from me. I felt so strongly that I was an instrument in His hands. The guidance was so clear and full of love and peace.
I have learned of the amazing profound mercy and love of the Lord has for His children. I know He is our Heavenly Father, and surely He matches with His own the tears His children shed.
 
Love you!
 
Elder Pollard

No comments:

Post a Comment