Sunday, July 21, 2013

Letting go of ill feelings

Let me tell you a story about a woman in our ward.

Her name is Lee. she and her family went way inactive going against everything they once believed in. She was so angry about the church that she went to the extend of having her records removed. Sad :(  But she had a stroke a couple of years ago. Because of the stroke she had lost part of her memory. She had forgotten whoever or whatever had offended her in the church and only remembers her testimony.On Sunday she was a little frustrated about not having her records but agreed to be re-baptized, and was a while ago. Too often people get offended by someone at church, oh how we should be like Lee and forget the things that really don't matter and hold fast to our testimony & what we know. (I hope you don't have to have a stroke to get this concept) Due to her stroke she is partially paralyzed and in a wheel chair she can't speak anything more than a yes or a no. She communicates by writing messages and yes or no. My companions an I went and saw her at her home. Her husband and kids not happy to see us at all. But we shared a powerful message with her. I had no idea what to  tell her or why the spirit had guided us to her home. But it was a in that moment the sprit guided me and my companions to really be representatives of Jesus Christ. We told her what He would have. I knew it , because the words of strength, love and wisdom that came out of my mouth were not my own. In that moment , I didn't see her as woman in a wheelchair. I saw her fully as the Savior did . I saw her powerful testimony. I saw and felt her pain. I felt a love for her that I can't describe. I knew her doubts, pain, frustrations, and yet I also knew her purity and love. The spirit made it known to us and she didn't ever utter a word. She didn't need to. It was amazing. I really am nothing, There is no better feeling than being that instrument in the Lords hands. And see Him touch the hearts of people through you. This experience will be one I never forget and I hope I can have many more through my mission.

Tchau Tchau

Elder Daylen Pollard

No comments:

Post a Comment